Provided by Bär & Karrer Ltd
Our media, entertainment, and sports team is dedicated to assisting clients with all legal matters in these industries. We advise broadcasters and operators of satellite and cable television services on a broad range of regulatory and contractual issues. Our team also has an established practice of advising producers, publishers, composers, conductors, musicians, authors, and other artists. We assist them with commercial and intellectual property rights issues as well as tax and estate planning.
We have one of the leading sports law departments in Switzerland. Our sports law specialists provide comprehensive advice and legal services to clients in the sports industry, in particular to athletes, clubs, national and international federations and event organizers. We represent our clients before the Court of Arbitration for Sport, CAS. We assist them in negotiating transfer agreements. We also regularly negotiate and draft marketing, sponsorship and merchandising agreements.
Media Law International, Specialist Guide to the Global Leaders in Media Law Practice, ranks Bär & Karrer in tier 1 for media law in Switzerland.
- Assisting and representing individual athletes, sport clubs, and federations
- Acting as arbitrator or party-counsel in sport-related arbitration (CAS)
- Advising on marketing, sponsorship and merchandising issues
- Litigating advertising-related disputes
- Advising and representing broadcasters and cable television service providers
- Advising and representing artists