Niederer Kraft & Frey advised SIX listed CPH Chemie + Papier Holding AG on the acquisition of assets, in particular the recovered paper sorting facility as well as customer and recovered paper supplier contracts, of Papierfabrik Utzenstorf AG with effect from 1 January 2018. The acquisition ensures the continuation of waste paper recycling in the Swiss communities concerned.
CPH is an internationally active and diversified industrial group which is headquartered in Switzerland. The CPH Group develops, manufactures and distributes chemical products, wood-based paper and pharmaceutical packaging films.
The NKF team was led by Corporate/M&A partner Manuel Werder and also included:
- Corporate/M&A: Andreas Casutt, partner, Roman Sturzenegger, senior associate and Binderiya Gan-Ayush, junior associate
- Antitrust/Competition: Nicolas Birkhäuser, partner
- Real Estate: Andreas F. Vögeli, partner
- Employment: Valerie Meyer Bahar, partner
- Tax: Andrea Nordin, counsel and Christina Rinne-Luuk, counsel
- Pensions: Evelyn Schilter, counsel