Provided by Cristián Urzúa
He practices on private projects, on matters associated to engineering and construction law.
He advises owners and contractors (engineering and construction ones), from the idea of developing a project, through the preparation of contracts and their performance (specially, in strategic contract management), as well as claims support, litigation and arbitration. Constantly he is part interdisciplinary teams with experts in delay, disruption and construction damages, as well as experts in house of its clients.
Experience includes projects related to mining, aquaculture, Renewable Energy, Transmission Lines, reservoirs, through all kind of contracts tipes with every kind of price modalities.
• Urzúa Abogados. Engineering and Construction Law. Head of its ten members team (2017-).
• Professor. Universidad Católica. “The Engineering and Construction Contract” (2022-).
• Regular columnist in El Mercurio Legal. Engineering and Construction Law (2018-).
• Professor. Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, “The Construction Contract” (2018-).
• Professor. Universidad Diego Portales, “The Construction Contract” (2015-).
• Professor. Universidad Diego Portales. Contracts and Torts (2013-2015).
• Chilean Society of Construction Law.
• Dispute Resolution Board Foundation.
• Chilean Bar Association.
Enjoys his family, dogs, reading XIX and XX century history, skiing, swimming, collecting stamps and war tanks, driving both enduro and adventure motorcycles, and following the soccer team Universidad Católica.
Elecnor Grandes Redes.
Andes del Sur.
Expert in these Jurisdictions
International Engineering and Construction Disputes.
Law Faculty Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
2001 - 2005
2011 - 2012
Fernando Rozas Vial Award
Best Contract Student
Discover other Lawyers at
Provided by Urzúa Abogados
Energy and Utilities
Industrials, Engineering and Manufacturing
Property, Construction and Infrastructure
Resources and Mining