Company Name: Nalba Advisors
Number of partners: 3 Number of consultants: 15
Languages:English, French, Spanish.
Nalba Advisors is a niche consulting boutique with great focus on financial sector, especially in payments, retail banking and fintech. Its differential value proposition consists in providing services based on the same quality and professionalism than any international firm, but with a greater level of specialisation and efficiency.
Nalba is led by professionals with extensive experience in top-level consulting firms (KPMG, PwC, Deloitte, Arthur D. Little, etc.) and share a common culture of excellence and client satisfaction.
Nalba has a client portfolio composed of first-class financial institutions, fintechs, retailers and payment services providers.
Nalba is a highly experienced and specialised company that offers a diverse range of management consulting services, from strategic thinking to operational issues.
The firm supports from growing fintechs to top-level financial institutions in the design and execution of their medium and long-term strategies:
• Strategic plans
• Strategic response to regulation (e.g. PSD2)
• Growth / internationalisation / market entries / expansion to new verticals
• Commercial due diligence
• Market benchmarks
The firm regularly works with clients to help increase the reach and profitability of their services:
• Commercial strategy (cross-selling, up-selling, loyalty, etc)
• Design of targeted commercial actions
• Coordination and optimisation of commercial campaigns
• Pricing strategies
Innovation & Digitalization:
The firm actively participates and advises in the digital transformation initiatives of clients:
• Innovation and digitalisation strategies
• Launch of digital solutions
• Outlook and trends in payments, retail banking and fintech
With the proliferation of new competitors and technologies, customer experience becomes a critical element to gain market share. In this context, the firm supports its clients in:
• Customer experience design / improvement
• UX benchmarks
• Mystery shopping
The firm also helps its clients analyse and optimise their operational processes, with the aim of optimising costs and improving different operational ratios:
• Payment processes optimisation (authorisations, fraud, chargebacks, etc)
• Other processes optimisation
• Cost of accepting payments optimisation
• Scorecards and business
Intelligence Project management:
The firm facilitates the development and successful implementation of strategic and operational plans by applying its industry knowledge together with proven methodologies and strong understanding of its customer’s needs:
• Project management office (PMOs), coordinating both internal and external parties
• C-level support
Data analysis is key in decision-making, especially in projects related to product launches, commercial campaigns and portfolio optimisation. The firm's services include:
• Customer segmentation
• Predictive models
• Retail Payments (Cards Issuing / Acquiring, In-store & Ecomm. Payments acceptance, P2P, Mobile Payments, Alternative Payments)
• B2B Payments & Treasury
• Travel Industry payments (B2C and B2B)
• Retail Banking
• Digital & Mobile Banking
• PSD2 / Open Banking
Recent Highlights & Awards:
Nalba has been recognised by Chambers as Band 1 in its Consulting Services for FinTech in 2020.
Luis Peiró is a lecturer in the 'Fintech and innovation in financial services' executive program from Instituto de Empresa (Madrid) and is a regular speaker or moderator in PSD2 / Open Banking events, including Mastercard Innovation Forum Spain 2017, Innopayments 2018 and upcoming events in 2020.
Luis Peiró Managing Partner
Email: [email protected] Tel: +34 666 511 377
Jaime Pérez Guitián Partner
Email: [email protected] Tel: +34 610 548 292
Luis De Miguel Partner
Email: [email protected] Tel: +34 686 476 009