UK Guide 2024
UK-wide Social Housing: Tenants
3 Ranked Lawyers
Provided by TV Edwards LLP
The Department undertakes housing, community care, Court of Protection and administrative/public law matters.
- The depth and breadth of experience within our large department means that we can give holistic advice and react quickly to emergency situations. With so many of our solicitors having expertise across the linked areas of housing, community care and the COP, we not only try to resolve a client’s housing issue, but also seek to ensure that they obtain appropriate help with a community care package or mental health support.
- We offer representation in possession proceedings for social housing and private tenants, where there are allegations of rent/mortgage arrears, anti-social behaviour, or sub-letting. We act as Duty Solicitors at the two local county courts. Disrepair counterclaims are often used to defend arrears cases and ensure the landlord complies with their contractual duties.
- We represent in anti-social behaviour injunction applications.
- We represent in stand-alone Disrepair matters.
- We specialise in homelessness work. This includes challenging suitability of temporary accommodation; issuing judicial review proceedings; and challenges to negative homelessness decisions. We provide representation from the initial stages of the homeless case through to county court appeals against negative decisions.
- We represent individuals in the COP to ensure those without capacity have their interests protected. We are often instructed by the Official Solicitor.