We are widely recognised as the “go to” law firm for litigation against the major banks. The firm’s expertise has been acknowledged by the directories, and cases in which the firm acts are regularly reported in the press.Our banking lawyers have a successful record in some of the highest profile and most complex banking disputes. Our banking litigation expertise encompasses acting in cases involving, and advising on, numerous banking instruments and facilities.Our clients are UK and overseas listed companies and multi-nationals, hedge funds, and other smaller financial institutions, professionals and high net worth individuals.
Some recent cases include:
- A settlement for a large number of institutional investors in a group litigation claim against RBS relating to its rights issue of April 2008. RBS agreed to pay up to £800m to various shareholder groups. Our team represented more than 300 institutional investors in the litigation.
- €52m landmark judgment on behalf of a group of city bankers against Commerzbank over unpaid bonuses.
- A settlement for private Irish investors against a well known American investment bank following a $20m bond sale.
- Acting for the liquidators of Chesterfield in relation to a loan from Kaupthing Bank hf to Chesterfield used to buy $500m of Credit Linked Notes.
- Acting in a major group claim in the Commercial Court in London against Barclays Partner Finance.