Provided by Mattos Filho
Our team of qualified professionals are well-equipped to handle a broad range of topics relating to insurance, reinsurance and pensions, such as:
- General corporate matters;
- Mergers and Acquisitions;
- Setting up insurance and reinsurance companies;
- Portfolio transfers;
- Assistance with regulatory issues;
- Legal opinion concerning complex market related topics;
- Drafting policy wordings;
- Negotiation and drafting reinsurance agreements;
- Negotiation and drafting distribution and bancassurance agreements;
- Registration of foreign reinsurers and renewal documentation;
- Defending regulated entities and their managers in administrative disciplinary proceedings;
- Acting as expert witness in foreign courts on insurance and reinsurance matters;
- Setting up and carrying out in-company courses;
- Claims adjustment of D&O, E&O and surety;
- Legal assistance on claim adjustment of property and engineering insurance claims;
- Defending the interests of insurers in lawsuits involving, D&O, E&O, surety, engineering property insurance, among others;
- Defending insurers and reinsurers in arbitration proceedings;
- Defending the interest of insurers in class actions and public civil actions.
Full-service titan Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr e Quiroga Advogados maintains a leading insurance practice displaying remarkable capabilities in the full range of insurance, reinsurance and pension mandates. The firm is seasoned acting for many of the most prominent market players on high-stakes disputes. It is also admired for its transactional acumen. Mattos Filho is frequently seen advising on top M&A deals in the sector. Clients further benefit from the team's advice on the structuring of new insurance products, the analysis of insurance distribution systems and a range of regulatory matters before Brazil's insurance regulator SUSEP. Mattos Filho's insurance team is based in São Paulo.
Marcelo Mansur Haddad maintains a reputation as a dominant figure within the insurance practice, representing clients on administrative proceedings regarding issuance of bonds, indemnity cases and DPVAT consortium assistance. A client says he is "detail-oriented, diligent and knowledgeable." Another source states: "Marcelo has long experience, notable technical knowledge, excellent communication skills and the ability to negotiate."
Cassio Gama Amaral climbs up the rankings for receiving continual praise from clients, one of whom says: "He has incredible experience in this area and has a profound knowledge of insurance matters." Amaral routinely assists clients with insurance distribution structures, insurance bond claims and litigious matters.
Thomaz del Castillo Barroso Kastrup is "very hands-on and always very available," a client says. Another client appreciates "his ability to give fast solutions." His workload includes distribution of insurance products, establishment of partnerships and acquisitions in the insurance sector.
Provided by Mattos Filho
AIG Seguros Brasil
Arthur Lundgren Tecidos S.A – Casas Pernambucanas
Chubb do Brasil Companhia de Seguros
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Brasil Seguros
XL Catlin Group
Zurich Minas Brasil Seguros