This content is provided by Dentons Canada LLP.
Legalization of cannabis in Canada and the associated influx of investment capital is a springboard for opportunities. When you partner with Dentons, you tap into our full range of experience across a number of legal fields and complex issues such as:
- Working with leading licensed producers on their going public transactions and financing activities, including . US producers.
- Working with clients on cultivation, production and retail license applications and all related regulatory and strategic considerations.
- Providing legal advice on strategic acquisitions of distribution and patient aggregation targets. We assist producers and individual investors on a range of investments: cross-border private and public securities offerings, and equity investments in, and loans to, industry participants.
- Providing deep technology, privacy and consumer protection knowledge to assist with distribution and marketing platforms for cannabis, and related products and services.
- Advising on real estate acquisitions, facility construction and zoning matters.
- Counseling clients on clinical trials, including negotiating trial agreements and all related procurement agreements.
- Coordinating with Dentons’ offices in over 2 dozen jurisdictions around the world to assist Canadian cannabis clients to pursue global opportunities in legal or legalizing jurisdictions.
- Advising employers on their rights and obligations regarding use of medical and adult-use cannabis by their employees.
Foster, Eric (Head of Department)