Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
What the team is known for
This content is provided by Birketts LLP.
Our Transport and Logistics Team can assist you with all your legal needs in the increasingly regulated world of transport, from contractual and liabilities issues to regulatory and operational problems. We assist with transport specific issues such as tachographs, licensing, terms and conditions, logistics contracts and liens, to more general areas of law such as health and safety, employment, immigration, corporate and property.
Our specialist advice covers:
- terms and conditions, including freight and passenger transport
- carrier's liability, both domestic and under the CMR, and Warsaw Convention
- logistics contracts and liens - negotiation and enforcement
- transport, distribution, warehousing and carriage disputes
- operator licence undertakings
- road transport regulatory issues
- road traffic accidents
- product liability claims
We frequently represent companies and individuals in prosecutions brought by the police and DVSA and in Public Inquiries before the Traffic Commissioner. Head of team, Laura Thomas, sits as a Deputy Traffic Commissioner and was previously a board member for the FTA. We also, uniquely, have a transport consultant in the team who formerly worked for DVSA and offers practical advice and audits.