Our proven track record in delivering projects reflects the firm’s commitment to project finance, energy and other key practice areas.
Arthur Cox has been at the centre of virtually every aspect of the development of the energy sector in Northern Ireland and Ireland in recent years and has played an integral role in most of the significant project financing to reach financial close on the island of Ireland in the 21st Century.
We understand the risks, challenges and solutions in the procurement, financing, construction and operation of complex renewables and conventional power projects. We are adept at offering insightful and creative solutions.
Our track record in energy and project finance includes advising:
- sponsors, funders and offtakers on more than 60 onshore wind projects in Northern Ireland and Ireland;
- contractors and sponsors on over 2,500MW of conventional and renewable power projects;
- the Irish Government on every consented offshore wind project in Ireland;
- on both the 500MW HVDC Moyle Interconnector and the 500MW HVDC East-West Interconnector;
- on over £2 billion in financings in the energy and resources sector;
- on over £3 billion in mergers and acquisitions in the energy and resources sector; and
- on every major energy regulatory reform process in recent years.