Recognizing the political, economic and social importance of shipping, as from 1963, Cyprus managed to develop the country into a fully-fledged shipping centre combining both a sovereign flag and a resident shipping industry, which is renowned for its high-quality services and standards of safety.
Why choose Cyprus for Maritime?
- Among Top 3 Shipmanagement centre’s in the world
- 11th largest fleet worldwide
- 3rd largest fleet in Europe
- ≥ 24 million gross tonnage
- Competitive registration fees & benefits
- EU approved Open registry
- White listed by Paris & Tokyo MOU’s on port state control
- Top quality flag
- Maritime Centre of Excellence
Denoted Shipping Deputy Minister reporting directly to President of the Republic
- First ever Tonnage Tax system to have been approved by EU
- Applicable to Shipowners – Charterer’s - Ship managers
- Comprehensive & favourable
- More than 60 double tax avoidance treaties
- More than 25 bilateral agreements on merchant shipping
- Attractive and transparent tax regime
- Low cost of doing business
- Strategic location
- Access to markets
- Access to talented and highly skilled workforce
- Excellent regulatory infrastructure
- High quality of life
- Strong business support service
- Positive economic outlook
- Bonus plus: the sun, the sea and the great food!
See why Maritime Cyprus video .
For further details on maritime operations in Cyprus and/or vessel registrations under the Cyprus flag, please contact , Gina Panayiotou at g[email protected]