NNDKP successfully assisted a syndicate of banks consisting of Banca Comerciala Romana (as mandated lead arranger, bookrunner, documentation agent, facility agent, security agent, and lender), CEC Bank (as mandated lead arranger and lender), Raiffeisen Bank (as mandated lead arranger and lender), Banca Transilvania and Banca Romaneasca (as lenders), in connection with new financing of lei 278 million (approximately EUR 56,3 million) granted to Rodbun Group, one of the leading agri-business companies in Romania.
Rodbun is a fully Romanian-owned integrator of agricultural products and solutions, established in 2002. The company will use the syndicated loan to refinance its existing loans, cover its working capital needs, and support its development plans. The credit facility consists of two tranches: one revolving loan facility in the amount of lei 249 million and one term loan facility in the amount of lei 29 million.
The NNDKP team was coordinated by Valentin Voinescu, Partner in the Banking and Finance practice.
„We believe in the future of the agricultural sector in Romania and we consider that it is important to support the entrepreneurs who invest in smart solutions and the Romanian farmers in their efforts to improve their yields. The legal advice provided in this transaction reflects a very good understanding of the agricultural sector – a key element for designing and implementing optimal financing solutions. The NNDKP team had a practical and commercial approach, which took into account the specific needs of the Rodbun group”, stated Ana Maria Samuila, Head of Agribusiness Department, BCR.
„This new financing granted to Rodbun demonstrates, on the one hand, the major potential this company has, and on the other hand, the trust that Romanian banks place in entrepreneurs and the agricultural sector in general in this country. We are pleased that we had the opportunity to be involved in the second financing that was granted this year to Rodbun by the syndicate of banks and to contribute, indirectly, to the evolution and consolidation of this Romanian-owned company”, stated Valentin Voinescu, Partner at NNDKP.
NNDKP’s recent portfolio in the field of syndicated loans offered in support of the agribusiness sector in Romania includes some of the most substantial credit facilities that have been granted in the past years on the local market, such as:
- the facilities granted to Rodbun group:
- in the amount of approximately EUR 17,2 million, in 2021;
- in the amount of approximately EUR 55 million, in 2018.
- the credit facility in the amount of EUR 20 million granted to AAylex Group, a Romanian company active in the food sector, for the expansion of the group in Romania, through the acquisition of Banvit Foods Romania.
- the credit facility in the amount of approximately EUR 90 million granted in 2020 to Carmistin group, one of the leading players on the agrozootechnical market in Romania, and
- the financing of EUR 324 million granted in 2019 to Ameropa (Azomures SA, Ameropa Grains SA, and Chimpex SA), operating in the fertilizers, seeds, and pesticides sector.
The NNDKP team is constantly involved in complex projects concerning corporate finance, project finance, acquisitions of financial institutions and international and local companies, or public sector finance. Over the last three years alone, the members of the team were involved in financing transactions amounting to more than EUR 3.5 billion in sectors such as agribusiness, energy, real estate, infrastructure, FMCG, production, or technology.