Thomson Geer has acted for McPhersons's Limited (MCP) on a joint venture with privately owned brand "Soulful".

This venture is MCP's first venture into the health and wellness categories. Under the agreement MCP acquired a 51% interest in the Soulful venture company and has been granted a call option over the remaining 49% holding.

The Soulful brand includes dried fruit snacks, an infused honey range, and a range of milk powders. The brand competes in the health food and independent pharmacy channels and has achieved its first export orders to China. 

The Thomson Geer team on this transaction was Partner, Jason Marcus and Lawyer, Hansel Tsang.