Paris, June 17, 2019 - Jeantet advised the TAT group on the sale of its majority shareholding in its subsidiary Sabena Technics, one of the European leaders in the field of aircraft maintenance and modification.
The financial investors consortium composed of Sagard, Bpifrance and TowerBrook, respectively advised by, respectively, Mayer Brown, DLA Piper and AyacheSalama, officially acquire the majority shareholding.
This shareholding evolution is an important step in the developing of Sabena technics. Hence, it reinforces its growth opportunity while helping it in the execution of its strategic plan.
The TAT group will stay a minority shareholder and its current president Rodolphe Marchais, will take the presidency of the supervisory board of Sabena Technics while Philippe Rochet, will become the executive CEO and shareholder of the group.
Sabena Technics, independent leader on the aircraft maintenance and modification, evolves in a dynamic market. With the support of its new shareholders, each of one contributing to a specific expertise useful to the future development of the group, Sabena Technics will be able to maintain its voluntary development strategy, successfully initiated by the TAT Group.
The Jeantet team, which advised the TAT Group, was composed of:
- On the corporate aspects: Philippe Matignon (partner), Pascal Georges (counsel), Blandine Lebreton and Camille Perodeau (associates).
- On the tax aspect: Jean-Guillaume Follorou (partner).
- On the social aspect: Isabelle Pontal. (counsel).
The Mayer Brown advising the investment fund Sagard on the acquisition of Sabena Technics, included:
- On the corporate aspects: Guillaume Kuperfils, Olivier Aubouin (partners), Marine Ollive and Renan Lombard-Platet
- On the finance aspects: Patrick Teboul (partner), Marion Minard and Julien Léris
- On the tax and structuring aspects: Benjamin Homo (partner), Rémy Bonnaud and Sarah Rahmoun.
DLA Piper advised Bpifrance on the corporate aspects, with Xavier Norlain, Partner, Co-Country Managing Partner, Julia Elkael, Counsel, Ornella Bianchi, Associate.
Ayachesalama advised TowerBrook, with a team composed of Olivier Tordjman and Alain Levy, partners, and David Puzenat, associate.