Dear valued clients, colleagues and friends,
The Asian International Arbitration Centre has launched its latest edition of the AIAC Arbitration Rules on 1 August 2021, featuring well needed and timely changes. This includes:
- Amalgamation of the AIAC Arbitration Rules, the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules and the Fast Track Arbitration Rules;
- Legitimisation of third-party funding;
- Clarification of multi-party appointments;
- Introduction of list procedure for arbitral appointments;
- Clarification on replacement of arbitral tribunal;
- Revisions to emergency arbitration procedure;
- New summary determination procedure;
- Expansion on joinder and consolidation provisions; and
- Stronger confidentiality provisions.
For more information, please click the link.