Shearman & Sterling is particularly renowned in France for its capital markets expertise.The firm advises both French and foreign companies on all legal aspects of securities offerings.
We cover all types of corporate law issues – in particular in connection with corporate governance and stock exchange rules. In addition to domestic work, we are also very active in cross-border European and trans-Atlantic transactions.
The firm has advised clients in numerous IPOs, privatizations, rights and securities offerings conducted simultaneously in France and in other financial markets (including in the U.S. pursuant to Rule 144A).
The practice is also recognized for the design and international roll-out of their equity and other compensation plans, as well as on related issues of corporate governance in France, for which the firm has received numerous awards.
· IPOs, follow-on offerings and rights issues
· Securities transactions by listed companies
· Block trades, private placements
· Securities law
· Debt including high-yield debt offerings & equity linked/hybrid securities
· Multiple stock exchange listings
· Collective and Individual remuneration
· Corporate governance and corporate law
Recent work highlights
· Constellium SE | Transfer of its headquarters from Amsterdam to Paris
· Verallia | Employee benefits aspects of its IPO
· Pernod Ricard | Development of its employee shareholding
· Orange | Sale of its remaining stake in BT Group
· Nexans | NEU CP