Managing Partner: Rob Rode
Partners: Tony Murphy, Susannah Proctor, Keith Allen, James McAulay, Andrew Stewardson
THE FIRM ABR solicitors is a niche fraud, crime, regulatory and mental health practice with its head and back office in Leeds. It also has offices in Liverpool, Harrogate, and York. ABR is committed to operating in a digitalised court process.
The firm believes in ensuring that people and companies are properly represented in their case, and that every case is different. To do so it always fully assesses and challenges evidence.
ABR is committed to fighting for all its clients, both publicly and privately funded.
The firm is available 24/7, acting throughout with:
■ Intellectual ability
■ Honesty and integrity
■ Professionalism ABR provides ‘the best form of defence.’
The firm and the partners have received national and international awards for their work and recognition.
■ Fraud Law Firm of the Year –UK (Global Law Experts)
■ Criminal Defence practice of the Year – UK (Lawyer International Global Awards 2018)
■ Regional Criminal Defence Firm of the Year – UK (ACQ5 2018)
■ Fraud Law Firm of the Year – UK (ACQ5 2018)
■ Fraud Law Firm of the Year – UK (Lawyer World Global Awards 2018)
■ Fraud Law Firm of the Year – UK (Legalcomprehensive.com 2018)
■ Rob Rode:
– Criminal Law Lawyer of the Year – UK (Lawyer International Global Awards 2018)
– Fraud Lawyer of the Year – UK (Dealmakers Global 2018)
– Criminal Defence Lawyer of the Year, UK – (Intercontinental Finance 2018)
– Criminal Defence Solicitor of the Year – UK (Finance Monthly 2018)
– Criminal Defence Solicitor of the Year – UK (ACQ5 2018)
– Lawyer of the Year (Criminal Leeds) (Best Lawyers Of The Year 2019)
– Criminal Litigation Lawyer of the Year – UK (Corporate Livewire Global 2018)
– Criminal Law Lawyer of the Year – UK (M&A 2018)
■ James McAulay:
– Mental Health Lawyer of the Year UK (M&A 2018)
– Mental Health Lawyer of the Year UK (Intercontinental Finance 2018)
– Mental Health Lawyer of the Year UK (Lawyer International Global Awards 2018)
– Mental health Lawyer of the Year (Corporate Livewire Global Awards 2018)
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Fraud, Crime & Regulatory: 90%
Mental Health: 10%
PRINCIPLE AREAS OF WORK
ABR Solicitors provides the full range of fraud crime and regulatory services; advising and representing clients throughout investigations and proceedings conducted by the Serious Fraud Office, Crown Prosecution Service, Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs, Financial Conduct Authority, National Crime Agency, Health & Safety Executive, Trading Standards, Fire Protection and Environment Agency and other regulatory agencies. The firm represents individuals and companies in the UK and abroad facing investigation/ prosecution under the Bribery Act or multijurisdictional legislation including FCPA.
It also represents professions including doctors, dentists, teachers, nurses, solicitors and other professionals in respect of disciplinary proceedings.
The firm undertakes all restraint order and confiscation work.
ABR advises companies to ensure their procedures are compliant.
The firm has one of the leading mental health practitioners James McAulay leading the mental health team. The team advises clients and represents them at tribunals throughout the country. The firm also provides training for mental health professionals nationally.