Pasich LLP is the preeminent boutique insurance recovery firm in the United States.Since its founding in 2017, the firm has focused exclusively on high-value, high-profile, complex insurance recovery, and litigation. Clients attest to its depth and breadth of knowledge and attorneys who strive to identify issues before others and provide clients with insight on cutting-edge issues. Although its attorneys are experienced in all areas of insurance coverage, it is best known in the following core areas.
- Directors & Officers Insurance: Pasich handles some of the most high-profile coverage claims, including those involving certain officers of Wells Fargo & Company and Dole Food Company. The landmark Dole case involved coverage for a $148 million settlement of underlying securities lawsuits, and established new law in Delaware.
- Natural Disasters — Third-Party Liability: Pasich is the only insurance recovery group routinely called in to assist California’s major utilities in connection with third-party liabilities arising from natural disasters. The firm helped Pacific Gas & Electric Company and the San Diego Gas & Electric Company recover more than $4 billion in connection with third-party claims arising from California wildfires.
- Natural Disasters/Business Interruption Claims — First-Party Loss: The firm is well known for representing insureds in connection with major property damage and business interruption losses throughout the world — including COVID-19 insurance claims. Pasich lawyers obtained $825 million for Northrop Grumman/HII in connection with its Hurricane Katrina loss, secured the first Hurricane Sandy jury verdict for ARE-East River Science Park LLC, and worked on two of the highest-profile billion dollar Hurricane Sandy disputes.
- Entertainment and Sports: Pasich is considered the country’s preeminent entertainment and sports insurance recovery group, literally writing the book on the subject — the New Appleman Sports and Entertainment Insurance Law & Practice Guide. The firm represents major motion picture studios, A-list actors, recording artists, entertainment venues, and others in a wide range of insurance claims.These representations include ViacomCBS, Madison Square Garden, the Broadway League and major Broadway productions, Bowlero Corp., the Chicks, and Metallica.
- Employment — Wage-and-Hour Coverage Disputes: Pasich pioneered the pursuit of coverage for California wage-hour class action lawsuits, obtaining a landmark ruling in the first published opinion on the subject from the California Court of Appeal.
- Insurance Coverage for #metoo and Related Claims:We represent some of the highest profile clients in connection with coverage for alleged sexual misconduct.Clients include Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein and more than 80,000 victims of Boy Scout sexual abuse.
- Cyber breaches and cyber crime:The firm represents and advises clients who have been the victims of cyber breaches and cyber crime as they recover from those incidents and seek assistance obtaining coverage from their insurers.Pasich helps clients navigate devastating ransomware attacks and recover from insurers under a multitude of policies including cyber insurance, crime insurance, property insurance, and D&O insurance.