Chambers Law Tech Guide
Law Tech Rankings
Chambers Law Tech 2023 e-Edition available to download.
Find the top Lawyer and Law Firms across Law Tech 2023 in our e-Edition, now available to download per chapter.
Chambers LawTech 2022 Webinar
Watch the guide launch webinar and discover key findings from this year's research and learn what is new in this edition of the guide with an overview from the Chambers LawTech Team.
About the Chambers LawTech Legal Guide 2023
Welcome to the Chambers LawTech Guide 2023. Use the search functionality above to find the world’s leading LawTech consultants and vendors.
Chambers LawTech is a guide to the rapidly moving legal technology sector, and provides a snapshot of the leading technology vendors, consultants and incubators across the ten categories Chambers researched this year.
Explore the guide and our rankings using the menus above, or through the PDF version of the guide which is available on this page, to find out more about each of the research categories and the leading providers ranked in them.
Chambers LawTech Guide 2024 Submissions
The submission process for Chambers LawTech will be opening soon. The research schedule for all Chambers research is available here.
Chambers LawTech Guide 2023: Summary
Core areas of Research:
• LawTech Vendors
• LawTech Consultants
• Incubators & Accelerators
LawTech Contract Analysis
• Using technologies – such as AI and machine learning tools – to automate the processing and interpretation of contractual documents in the legal market and beyond
• Assist in due diligence and risk reporting and in repapering exercises
• Allows for a more data-driven approach to contracts held across a whole business
LawTech Document Automation
• Automated document drafting using smart templating and real-time collaboration
• Some providers position their platforms as being suited to involvement from the inception of a transaction
• Modern interfaces allow for ‘no-code’ automation
LawTech Workflow Management & Service Platforms
• Growing community of providers of workflow tools
• Often providers’ client bases span multiple sectors, not just legal
• Additional benefits from interoperability and access to more detailed telemetry about efficiencies gained from technology application
LawTech Practice Management
• Tools aimed to provide a whole-practice overview and management suite
• Many tools integrate with other platforms, allowing practice leads to choose which products to use for which use legal cases and matters
• Cloud storage allows for more effective remote and real-time collaboration
LawTech Compliance & RegTech
• Wide variety of use cases, including in pre-employment checks, AML and remote identity-checking
• Some tools allow for real-time email and message monitoring to automatically flag up potential fraud
• Allows law firms and companies to mitigate increased data privacy burdens imposed by GDPR and other regulatory regimes
LawTech Consumer Services
• Aim to lower public barriers to participation in legal systems
• Some focus on small business owners without easy access to specialist expertise
LawTech eDiscovery & Dispute Resolution
• Variety of services that improve efficiency and accuracy in document sourcing and presentation, as well as in case management and collaboration for the legal sector
• Many of the platforms featured have played a central role in keeping courts operational during the pandemic
• Includes big data analytics services that help in giving prospects of case success given certain variables
Incubators & Accelerators
• Provide spaces for collaboration, knowledge-sharing and expert mentoring
• Increased opportunities for technology adoption, whether through affiliated firm or further afield
•Some focused on start-up and concept stages of development, others more active at the scale-up stage
• Broad distinction between technical and strategic consultants
• Technical consultants assist in implementation and integration of chosen technologies
•Strategic consultants help firms understand what their desired future-state is, and work with them to decide which technological paths are best suited to achieving it
Our in-depth research runs from January to April
Latest Legal News: Chambers LawTech
AI and the Elite Law Firm
Learn how Artificial Intelligence (AI) is being utilised in elite law firms as discovered by the Chambers LawTech team during their research into the 2023 guide.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We are delighted to share our Diversity and Inclusion Statement for the second edition of the Chambers LawTech guide.
Meet the Chambers Legal Research Team
About our Legal Rankings
The rankings featured in the Chambers LawTech Guide are the results of in-depth market research and analysis of all submitting law firms and the LawTech legal market. Our team of Research Analysts speak to clients/referees to obtain a view of the legal markets perception and experiences when working with a submitting law firm, allowing our rankings to be based on both Chambers own market intelligence and on client input.
To learn more about the methodology process for the guide please visit our methodology page.