Provided by Kristen Kwok
Kristen Kwok joined Walkers' Hong Kong office in 2006 where she is a partner in the firm's Finance and Corporate Group. Kristen advises on all aspects of banking and finance matters with an emphasis on structured finance, debt capital markets and asset finance (in particular aircraft and ship finance).
Examples of transactions Kristen has worked on include:
- Acting for major international banks and Chinese banks and securities houses in setting up offshore repackaging programmes and issuing repackaged notes with complex new structures such as loan repackaging and fund-linked note repackaging;
- Advising on numerous cross-border securitisation transactions in Korea (including future flow, credit card, auto loan and mortgage-backed transactions);
- Advising Chinese state-owned and privately owned enterprises, as well as prominent state-owned banks and other financial institutions on offshore bond issuances;
- Advising the lenders on numerous cross-border acquisition and real estate financings in China;
- Acting for major financial institutions, airlines and operating lessors on a variety of structures, including straight debt financings, pre-delivery payment financing, export credit and Exim bank supported financings, sale and leaseback and operating leasing.
Kristen Kwok specialises in banking and finance work and has standout experience in Cayman Islands and Bermuda law matters. Based in Hong Kong, she offers notable knowledge in the debt capital markets and structured finance areas.