Lawyer profile for UK 2021
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
Professional Discipline - UK-wide
This content is provided by Jonathan Greensmith
Jonathan is a specialist in professional regulatory and disciplinary matters affecting solicitors and their practices, as well as other legal professionals. He provides advice, support and representation for clients dealing with allegations of professional misconduct and for individuals who are otherwise the subject of regulatory scrutiny.
Jonathan’s extensive client base is composed of law firms, individual solicitors, paralegals, trainees, practice managers and various other entities across the UK and overseas. He has particular expertise in the professional regulation of solicitors, aiding firms and individuals (including COLPs and COFAs) in achieving continuing regulatory compliance, and in making appropriate disclosures when rules might not have been complied with to the letter.
A core part of Jonathan’s practice is to guide clients through responses to SRA enquiries. This has included brokering Regulatory Settlement Agreements and the resolution of matters without further action taken by the regulator.
In addition, Jonathan is an experienced advocate. He regularly appears before the SDT, and his experience as a former prosecutor for the SRA provides him with unparalleled insight.
Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2015, Jonathan worked at the following firms:
- Russell Jones & Walker
- Allen & Overy
Member of the Solicitors Assistance Scheme
- Acting for a number of top-50 UK law firms
- Advising a boutique law firm requiring highly specialised compliance advice
- Advising COLPs considering whether (and if so, how) to make a report to the SRA
- Acting for the joint principals of a London firm facing disciplinary proceedings
- Acting for a number of individual solicitors accused of dishonesty, Accounts Rules breaches and other breaches of the professional rules of conduct
- Acting for the partner of a firm intervened into by the SRA
- Advising an international property business establishing an ABS