Jason P. Faust is an associate in the firm’s Chicago office, and a member of the firm’s Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits group. His practice focuses on providing strategic counsel to a variety of clients regarding employee benefits and executive compensation matters.
Mr. Faust’s extensive employee benefits and compensation experience includes advising clients in relation to:
- Qualified defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, including 401(k) and 403(b) plans
- Health and welfare plans, including Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act compliance
- Nonqualified deferred compensation plans
- Multiemployer pension and health and welfare plans
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and Internal Revenue Code compliance
- Employee benefits issues in the context of mergers and acquisitions
In addition to his wide-ranging experience, clients also benefit from Mr. Faust’s unique background and perspective on employee benefits. Prior to entering private practice, he served as in-house counsel for one of the nation’s largest Taft-Hartley defined benefit pension plans, as a compliance associate for a benefits, compensation, and human resources consulting firm, and as an extern with the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Benefits Tax Counsel.