Chris Hermann, founding chair of the Stoel Rives Brewery, Winery, and Distillery group and a former co-chair of the firm’s Beverage and Hospitality group, has worked with Northwest breweries, wineries, vineyards and distilleries for many years and has particular experience with transactions involving the purchase, sale, and LLC formation of those businesses. He has also prepared and prosecuted trademark applications, obtained water rights and land use permits and approvals, advised owners on employment and termination agreements, and drafted and negotiated grape purchase contracts, vineyard leases, and custom crush, joint proprietorship, vineyard development and maintenance, and bottling and distribution agreements.
- Oregon Winegrowers Association
- Washington Association of Wine Grape Growers
- Portland Distillery Row Advisory Board
- Dean’s Advisory Council, University of Oregon School of Law
- Special Committee to Review Winery Licensing Standards, Washington Liquor Control Board
Chris authored and now is editor of the only comprehensive discussion of legal issues concerning the Oregon wine industry entitled, The Law of Wine – Oregon. He frequently speaks at legal and business conferences in Oregon, Washington and California on brewery, winery, vineyard, and distillery related legal and business issues.