Lawyer profile for Europe 2021
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
This content is provided by Carlo Gnetti
Carlo Gnetti joined the Milan office of CMS in January 2020 as partner of the tax department.
Before joining CMS, he was tax partner of Baker McKenzie and until 2005 a tax partner of EY, in charge of the International Tax Services and the Italian Desk in New York from 2000 to 2003.
He routinely advises on corporate tax law, with particular experience in international taxation, mergers & acquisitions, transfer pricing and global reorganizations.
He assists leading Italian and foreign multinational groups in the sectors of Fashion & Luxury, Information Technology, Digital Economy, Pharma, EPC, and Automotive in:
• Tax rulings and disputes
- Permanent establishments
- Place of the effective management and “esterovestizione”
- Effective beneficiary of dividends, royalties and interest
- Tax rulings regarding business reorganizations and exit tax
• Extraordinary transactions
- M&A, due diligence, acquisition planning and structuring, negotiations and closing activities
- Joint ventures, mergers, demergers and contributions
- Corporate and accounting issues
• Global reorganizations
- Spin off
- Post-acquisition reorganizations
- Business integrations and conversions
- Supply Chains
He holds the position of Statutory Auditor and Chairman of the Board of Statutory Auditors in leading joint stock companies.