Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
This content is provided by Artem Zhavoronkov
Artem specialises in corporate, antitrust, banking and financial law, as well as cross-border M&A transactions. He provides legal support for international transactions, representing a wide range of foreign and Russian clients from various business sectors.
In 2014, Artem was one of the pioneers in Russia who became closely involved in compliance and sanctions regulation. In the context of this practice, he advises Russian and international companies on corporate governance, as well as the structuring of beneficial ownership and contractual relationships with foreign counterparties in order to identify and mitigate risks from sanctions.
* Specialist Partner, Borenius Russia, 2019 – Present
* Partner, Dentons (formerly Salans), St. Petersburg, 2007 – 2018
* Counsel, Salans, St. Petersburg, 2002 – 2006
* Lawyer and Head of the St. Petersburg office, Beiten Burkhardt Law Offices, formerly KPMG Beiten Burkhardt), 1996 – 2002
* Head of Legal Department, MezhComBank, St. Petersburg, 1995 – 1996
* In-house Lawyer – Moscow Business Bank, St. Petersburg, 1992 – 1995
* Intern – Industry & Construction Bank of St. Petersburg, 1990 – 1992
St. Petersburg Bar Association
St. Petersburg International Business Association (SPIBA)
International Bar Association (IBA)
American Chamber of Commerce in St. Petersburg, AmCham Executive Committee member (2014-2016)