SKO’s Intellectual Property litigation practice has experience in all forms of intellectual property cases. We understand the role intellectual property rights play in businesses and the need for protection. If litigation is warranted, SKO stands ready to move forward in an aggressive but efficient manner. Understanding the expense of litigation and the financial pressures client’s face, we often provide alternative fee terms.
Transactional & Technology
SKO offers comprehensive transactional services in all areas of intellectual property. We counsel clients in the development, exploitation, protection and enforcement of intellectual property assets and regularly draft, review and negotiate information technology agreements, including software licenses, maintenance agreements, consulting agreements, and internet-related documents.
• Copyright registration
• Drafting, negotiation and review of assignments and licenses of intellectual property
• Enforcement of patents, trademarks, trade secrets and copyrights
• Intellectual property due diligence and opinions
• Non-infringement and freedom to practice opinions
• Patent prosecution
• Publishing disputes
• Technology agreements, including software license and maintenance agreements, consulting agreements, data protection agreements, source code escrow agreements
• Trademark prosecution, including federal, state and international registration
Loy, Steven (Head of Department)
Lexmark International, Inc.
National Automotive Parts Association
Alcohol & Hospitality
Banks & Financial Services
Energy & Natural Resources
Foundations & Nonprofits