Over 150 years, Mayer Brown's shipping practice has played an active role in the shipping industry. We have broad capabilities in advising clients on a wide range of shipping-related services for both financing and contentious matters, including:
- Ship financing and financial leasing. We advise many of the major lenders and lessors in the Asia market on all ship related transactions including cross-border ship financing and financial leasing, charter documentation and sale and purchase of ships.
- LNG transportation. We have a long history of assisting with LNG vessel time charters, new-building contracts, LNG terminal user agreements and marine services agreements for operation of LNG terminals.
- Export financing. We act for major lenders, arrangers and borrowers in drafting and negotiating finance documents.
- Commercial arrangement. We advise on all aspects of shipbuilding, repair and maintenance, the acquisition and sale of ships and contracts for employment of ships.
- Litigation and arbitration. We advise on the full range of contentious maritime matters such as ship arrest and mortgage enforcement, charterparty arbitrations, and sale and purchase disputes.
- Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Insolvency and Insurance. We also leverage our Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Insolvency and Insurance teams to advise on complex contentious matters.
- Regulatory. We advise on regulatory issues related to the shipping industry, such as registration of ships and mortgages overseas.