The Farms & Estates Team has specialists in areas ranging from the provision of legal services to landed estate owners, IHT and succession planning to leasing of mineral rights to sales and purchases of farms and agricultural land and renewable energy projects including wind and solar farms.
Areas of expertise include:
- Sales and purchases of agricultural property for investors, owner/occupiers and landed estate owners
- Succession and strategic business planning including Wills, trusts and inheritance tax planning with specific reference to farms and family businesses/SMEs
- Options and promotions agreements
- Renewable energy projects including wind, solar farms and energy storage projects together with telecommunications masts
- Agricultural Holdings Act tenancies and succession applications
- Farm Business Tenancies
- Mineral related options and leases
- Deeds of grant and wayleave agreements
- Dealing with subsidies, quotas and grant schemes and development clawback
The team includes members of the Country Land and Business Association (CLA), the Agricultural Law Association (ALA) and the Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP), a Fellow of the ALA, members of STEP special interest groups and a Recommended Professional for the Tenant Farmers Association.