Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
What the team is known for
This content is provided by Anthony Collins Solicitors LLP.
ACS has the largest social housing team in a law firm outside London and has grown to be one of the top UK firms supporting Registered Providers, currently working with circa.120 housing associations.
We continue to service clients from across the UK whilst upholding our social purpose: “to improve lives, communities and society” which is exactly what the social housing sector is about.
Recent and ongoing work includes:
- Governance and corporate:
- Mergers – several of which completed in 2019 with two confidential ones ongoing;
- Group restructures – including consolidation and rationalisation matters;
- Joint ventures and other collaborations – acting for clients on formal joint-venture companies, contractual consortiums, and special purpose vehicles or informal arrangements;
- Regulatory engagement – advising on breaches of legal and regulatory obligations.
- Funding: from bond funding to securitisation, ranked 3rd for RPs;
- Housing management and litigation: service charges, VRTB pilot, training, asset management and various types of litigation;
- Procurement and construction: repairs and servicing contracts as well as advising the national trade body (NHF) on fire/building safety issues following the Grenfell Tower fire;
- Property: stock rationalisation, joint ventures and development.